Cutler Real Estate asked Lindsey a few questions so you can get to know her better, and here are Lindsey's replies.
1. What is your professional/educational background?
- Hondros Business College- Real Estate
- University of Akron- Bachelor's Degree in Middle Level Education
- Real Estate Investing Company Partner- Stewardship Properties
- College and Career Planning Counselor
- Middle School Social Studies and Language Arts Teacher
2. Why did you choose a career in real estate?
The decision came pretty naturally. My husband and I have had a real estate investment company for 10 years and we weren't able to spend the time and energy that we wanted to grow it into what we knew it could be. In addition to being able to pursue a passion of mine, real estate provides me an opportunity to work with people. My previous experience in education dealt directly with supporting families find the perfect college/career fit for their child. I hope to provide the same level of support in helping individuals and families sell their current home or fall in love with their new home. Also, has anyone heard of Joanna Gaines?! She may have had a little something to do with it as well!
3. What area do you live in currently and what do you like about where you live?
My husband and I live in Hudson. I have always wanted to live in a town similar to Stars Hollow (any Gilmore Girls fans out there?) and Hudson checked all of the boxes! The idea of a tight knit community with tons of character, charm and local events has always been appealing to me and Hudson does not disappoint. I love the weekly Farmers Markets, monthly Wild Roots Flea Markets, the outdoor movie events on the green, and the community events based around Ohio's four seasons. It also doesn't hurt that I have the option of Coldstone Creamery, Lulu's, or Hershey's Ice Cream all within a one mile radius!
4. How do you spend your free time?
Connecting with friends and family is a huge priority for me. I really love hosting people in our home and creating an experience for them. Whether it's for a meal, game night or a huge party, I love creating an atmosphere in my home that makes people feel comfortable and welcome.
5. If you could only keep 5 possessions what would they be?
- The Bible my husband gave me when he proposed to me
- Scrapbook of family photos
- Engagement ring
- My thick fleece blanket from Target because I am cold all the time
- My cat, Lipstick (I know...)
6. In one word, how do you think your friends/family would describe you?