Cutler Real Estate asked Susan a few questions so you can get to know her better, and here are Susan's replies.
1. What is your professional/educational background?
I'm a Buckeye through and through, having graduated from The Ohio State University with a degree in German, with added emphasis in French and Psychology. I come to real estate as a second career, having spent much of my life in various roles in both large and small church settings. Real estate is a people business, and this is where I excel.
2. Why did you choose a career in real estate?
I see real estate as an extension of what I've always done: working with people to help them define their needs and wants, and then helping them achieve them. It’s also a place where I can exercise my extensive creative and entrepreneurial talents. I have created entire programs and departments designed to be sound from both a business and a human perspective.
3. What area do you live in currently and what do you like about where you live?
I've lived in central Ohio since I was very small. I've traveled extensively, but central Ohio is the place I call home. I currently live in Clintonville, Indian Springs to be specific. I grew up in the neighborhood, went to school here. It was a great place to return to when I made a major life shift and needed a place to go that was familiar. I love what it has become. The explosion of restaurants, the parks, the ease of getting around are all appealing to me.
4. How do you spend your free time?
I am an amateur artist, working primarily in acrylics, but also in pen and ink and pencil. I'm a neophyte yogi, having started practicing yoga later in life as a means of not only staying flexible, but also for the mindfulness practice it invites. I love to read and spend time with my family, which includes two sons, a granddaughter, and two cats.
5. If you could only keep 5 possessions what would they be?
- My Kindle (so that I'd have a whole library)
- My car (so that I could travel)
- A pen
- A notebook
- One of my dad's paintings
6. In one word, how do you think your friends/family would describe you?